Connecting problems to Videochat, recorded lectures and Meetings (Connect)
If your lecture or meeting doesn't start (playing), it is probably due to the fact that Adobe Flash is not activatet in your webbrowser. You might get error messages like: "No playable source" or "JW player goes here".
Instructions for different web browsers:
When using Google Chrome
1. Click on "Högskolan Dalarna [SE]" to the left of the web adress.
1. Click on the "i" (i in a circle) to the left of the web adress.
2. Click on "Site settings" in the menu below.
A new page opens
3. Click on the text to the right of "Flash". It probably reads "Ask" or "Block".
4. Choose "Allow".
5. Go back to your lecture.
6. Click on "Reload".
When using Internet Explorer
- Click on the gear/cogwheel, "Tools", at the top right.
- Click on "Manage add-ons" in the menu.
- Click on the line "Shockwave Flash Object".
- Click on "Enable" at the bottom right. Make sure that the line reads "Enable" under "Status".
- Click on "Close"
- Go back to your lecture and restart/reload it.
When using Opera
1. Copy this adress and open it in a new tab/windows: opera:settings/?search=flash
2. Click on "Manage exceptions..."
3.Type the adress [*.]du.se under "Hostname pattern". Make sure it reads "Allow" under "Behavior".
4. Click "Done"
5. Go back to your lecture and restart/reload it.
Video Chat connection problems are often result from firewall issues. Fix the problem by opening port 1935 first and then port 80 in the firewall.
These ports need to be open to the IP-address 22.214.171.124.
Not everyone can open these ports, please contact your IT-Department for help.