Students with Disabilities

If you are a student with a disability or special needs, and require assistance to be able to complete your studies successfully, then you can receive advice from our disability coordinator.

If you have a disability, it is important that you contact the disability coordinator before you begin your studies so that you can receive the best possible service. The term "disability" here refers to a permanent or long-term disability.

Request Support

  1. Apply for support on NAIS (National Administration and Information System for Coordinators): include documentation to support your request. You can scan or upload a photograph of the documentation.
  2. The disability coordinator will contact you to set up a phone, online or campus (Falun or Borlänge) meeting.
  3. The disability coordinator makes a decision on your request. You must present this decision to the teacher of each course so that you can discuss how to facilitate your needs.

Examples of Support

The following are examples of the types of support the university can offer you:


You can receive help taking notes if your disability prevents you from doing so yourself. Often it is a classmate who is asked to assist.

Adapted Course Literature

If you have a reading disability, you have the right to borrow adapted course literature: for example, talking books, braille or e-text books. You can borrow obligatory course literature cost-free from MTM - Swedish Agency for Accessible Media. You need an account witih MTM to do this: see the information about Talking Books on our library's homepage.

The library may even have books that have already been recorded; otherwise, it can take up to ten weeks to get a recorded book. Therefore, contact the library at an early stage in your studies to ensure you receive such a book in good time.

Resource Room/Computer Room

Both campuses have a computer room for students with disabilities. There, the computers are equipped with the programmes Stava Rex, Spell Right, Claro Read Plus and Gustavas ordböcker. Contact the coordinator to gain access to these resource rooms.


If you have a hearing impairment, you can have an interpreter or somebody else to help you with sign language during classtime. Be sure to contact the disability coordinator ahead of time - at the start of the course or programme if possible.


Perhaps you need extra time to complete an examination. The disability coordinator is the one who makes this recommendation, but it is the examiner who makes the final decision on this matter.

Other Help and Support

Should you require a different form of support, do not hesitate to ask. Simply contact the disability coordinator. Remember that it can take time to organise the help you require, so be sure to make your request as soon as possible.

Exchange Studies

Find out about applying for exchange studies for students with disabilities on our website.


Last reviewed:
Last reviewed: