If you wish, you can setup forwarding of all your email in Office 365 to an external email provider (eg. GMail, Yahoo etc) by following the steps outlined below. Please note the special section on Gmail below.
- Log in to office.du.se and click on the "Outlook" icon.
- Click on "Settings" (the gear icon in the top menu).
- Click on "View all Outlook settings".
- Choose "Forwarding" in the menu to the left.
- Click the checkbox "Enable forwarding" and enter the email address you wish to forward your email to.
- If you check the option "Keep a copy of forwarded messages" a copy of the forwarded email will be stored in Office 365. This is recommended!
Link to Microsofts Guide.
Please note that Dalarna University cannot guarantee that email will be delivered to you if you use forwarding!
Forwarding to Google Gmail
If you choose to forward your email to Gmail, please note this: Email that you send from your Gmail account to your du.se account, which then gets forwarded back to Gmail never seems to show up (in Gmail). Example:
- Forwarding from email@example.com to firstname.lastname@example.org is set up.
- A test message is sent from email@example.com to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Office 365 forwards the message back to email@example.com.
- The message does not show up in your Gmail inbox.
The reason for this is that Gmail considers the message already present in your Gmail account, more precisely in your Sent folder. Gmail does not create a second copy of the same email.