RECAST is a forum for researchers and doctoral students from all disciplines to meet and discuss research concerning sustainability, share knowledge, promote interdisciplinary collaboration, and widen networks and collaboration partners. RECAST is open to anyone who is interested in sustainability research.
To indicate your interest in receiving continuous information about the RECAST seminars and other activities, please do not hesitate to contact Farhana Borg, firstname.lastname@example.org.
RECAST workshop on “Integrating Sustainability in Higher Education Institution Research”
Date and time: 21 September at 08.30-12.30. Program part 1 is open to all, part 2 is limited to registered participants (registration closed August 24).
Program part 1
Moderators: Professor Jörgen Elbe and Professor Chris Bales.
- 08.30-08.35: Introduction of the program.
Professor Jörgen Elbe, Pro vice-chancellor, Dalarna University.
- 08.35-08.45: Welcome speech.
Professor Martin Norsell, Vice-chancellor, Dalarna University.
- 08.45-09.00: Dalarna University's Council for Sustainable Development.
Anton Grenholm, Sustainability strategist.
- 09.00-09.45: The meaning of and the process towards the sustainable university - Is it possible to measure qualities for the sustainable university and to compare universities?
Professor Björn Brorström, and Dr. Birgitta Påhlsson, researcher at Kommunforskning i Västsverige, University of Gothenburg.
- 09.45-10.00: Refreshments.
- 10.00-10.45: Sustainability and Research at SLU - The presentation includes examples on how SLU has facilitated and stimulated the integration of sustainability in research and doctoral education programs, and how they make publicly available SLU's knowledge of relevance to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Dr. Ylva Hillbur, Pro vice-chancellor with responsibility for international relations and Agenda 2030, at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, SLU.
Program part 2
This part is limited to registered participants. Campus Falun, Lecture Hall 6 or online.
- 10.45-10.50: Break.
- 10.50-11.20: Group discussion (three groups on campus and two groups via Zoom).
An additional information sheet has been sent to registered participants.
- 11.20-11.25: Break.
- 11.25-12.20: Group presentations.
Professor Chris Bales, Energy Engineering.
- 12.20-12.30: Wrap-up and conclusion.
Professor Jörgen Elbe and Professor Chris Bales.
- 12.30: Lunch at Scandic.
Björn Brorström is Professor Emeritus and has held professorships in public administration and business administration. As vice-chancellor of the University of Borås he was engaged in integrating sustainable development in education and research. He has authored reports and articles that describe the meaning of the sustainable university and the process towards it.
Dr. Birgitta Påhlsson has a background as a strategic Coordinator of Sustainable Development at the University of Borås. She has worked systematically and strategically with the integration of sustainability throughout all of the University´s activities and has authored reports and articles about the sustainable university, its meaning and the process towards it.
Dr. Ylva Hillbur, held the position of Deputy Director General, research for development, at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture, IITA, with headquarters in Nigeria and research for development activities implemented across sub-Saharan Africa from 2012 to 2017. Prior to joining IITA, Ylva Hillbur worked for almost 20 years at SLU, where her research on insect chemical ecology was focused primarily on applications in environmentally sustainable plant protection. During 2006-2012 she was heading the Department of Plant protection biology at SLU.
For further information, please contact Dr. Farhana Borg, Coordinator, RECAST at email@example.com
- Afa Insurance
- Riksbankens Jubileumsfond
- The Swedish Institute for Educational Research
- The Swedish Research Council
- Hur kan lärare främja positiva interetniska relationer i skolan? Förutsättningar, strategier och utmaningar, Part of: Delmi Rapport, Delegationen för migrationsstudier (Delmi), 2021. Chapter of book. .
- Local and global aspects : Teaching social sustainability in Swedish preschools, Sustainability (Switzerland), 2021, Vol. 13, No. 7. Article : refereed. .
- Exploring the nexus between sustainable tourism governance, resilience and complexity research, Tourism Recreation Resarch, 2021. Article : refereed. .
- Urban weather generation : the intercomparison of three emerging models, 2021. Conference paper : refereed. .
- Fysioterapi och hållbar utveckling : Hänger det ihop – och varför behöver vi engagera oss?, Fysioterapi, 2021, No. 4, 38-44. Article. .
- Eco-certified Preschools and C hildren's Learning for Sustainability: Researching Holistic Outcomes of Preschool Education for Sustainability 2019-01-01
- The Future Proof Cities
- Internationalization and sustainibility in the learning goals in higher education from an interdisciplinary research perspective 2020-01-06
- Climate change and sustainable tourism in the new normal: learning from covid pandemic 2021-02-01
- Sustainable development in preschool: A school development project 2017-09-11