I am a Paediatric nurse, Professor in Paediatic Nursing, and employed as a Senior Lecturer at the School of Education, Health and Social Studies. I am the leader for the research centre Reproductive, Infant and Child Health (RICH) and I am the Director for Postgraduate Studies at Dalarna University. I completed my PhD in 2007 at the Department for Women’s and Children’s Health, Uppsala University, with the thesis Breastfeeding and Becoming a Mother – Influences and Experiences of Mothers of Preterm Infants. I did postdoctoral studies 2009-2010 at Maternal and Infant Nutrition and Nurture Unit (MAINN) at University of Central Lancashire, UK. In 2010-2014 I was the coordinator for the research network Separation and Closeness Experiences in the Neonatal Environment (SCENE), in which I am still in the Steering group. Main research areas: Breastfeeding/feeding and parenting in families with preterm infants focusing on emotional and relational aspects. Some of the current projects I am involved in concern: effects of support to families of preterm infants during and after hospitalization; experiences of emotional closeness in neonatal units; and adolescents’ health. I have six PhD students at present.
Early support to parents in neonatal units
Health from an adolescent perspective
Measuring compliance with the Baby-friendly Hospital Intitiative for Neonatal Wards
Parental support in neonatal units in Sweden
Proactive breastfeeding support to mothers of preterm infants - a multicentre randomized controlled trial
- Compliance with the Baby-friendly Hospital Initiative for Neonatal Wards (Neo-BFHI) : A cross-sectional study in 36 countries, Maternal and Child Nutrition, 2018. Article : refereed. .
- Breastfeeding and risk for ceasing in mothers of preterm infants - long-term follow-up, Maternal and Child Nutrition, 2018, Vol. 14, No. 4. Article : refereed. .
- The neonatal environment and the long-term impact of neonatal care, 2018. .
- Parent-infant closeness, parents' participation, and nursing support in single-family room and open bay NICUs, Journal of Perinatal & Neonatal Nursing, 2018, Vol. 32, No. 4, E22-E32. Article : refereed. .
- Proactive telephone support provided to breastfeeding mothers of preterm infants after discharge : a randomised controlled trial, Acta Paediatrica, 2018, Vol. 107, No. 5, 791-798. Article : refereed. .