Summary of research experience
- Research experience in various materials science topics, especially powder metallurgy, mechanical properties, steels, and tribology.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge with various scientific equipment, especially in X-ray diffraction, differential scanning calorimetry, dilatometry, scanning electron microscopy, EBSD, X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy, auger electron spectroscopy and in various mechanical testing equipment.
- Master of Technology (Aug 2001 - Feb 2003) in Metallurgical Engineering from the IIT (BHU), Varanasi, India
- Ph.D. (Oct 2006 - Jun 2011) in Materials Science from the faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Technical University Dresden, Germany. Dissertation: Production of high-strength Al-based alloys by consolidation of amorphous and partially amorphous powders
- Postdoctoral Fellow and Research assistant (Dec 2010 - Jul 2014), Materials and Manufacturing Technology, Chalmers University of Technology, Göteborg, Sweden.
Research activities: Machinability of case hardened steels, creep behavior of PM components at low temperature and at high static loads (Höganäs AB and Volvo AB), sintering and compaction behavior of PM components with master alloy mixing concept (Höganas AB), NiTi shape memory alloys and superalloys (GKN Aerospace).
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Materials Engineering, LTH, Lund University, Sweden.
Research activities: Reaction synthesis of AL-Ni-Ti, interdiffusion of Fe-W system, Small punch creep studies of Superalloys and Ti-6Al-4V and erosion of tungsten oxide (ESS AB).
- Tool wear by dissolution during machining of alloy 718 and Waspaloy : a comparative study using diffusion couples, The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 2020, Vol. 106, No. 3-4, 1431-1440. Article : refereed. .
- Microstructure and properties of in-situ high entropy alloy/tungsten carbide composites by mechanical alloying., Material Design & Processing Communications, 2020, Vol. n/a, No. n/a, 1-9. Article : refereed. .
- Full Densification in PM Steels Through Liquid Phase Sintering and HIP Approach, Euro PM 2018 Congress and Exhibition : 2020. Conference paper : refereed. .
- Microstructure analysis of martensitic low alloy carbon steel samples subjected to deformation dilatometry, Materials Characterization, 2019, Vol. 157. Article : refereed. .
- Study of heavy ion beam induced damage in tungsten for high power target applications, Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section B, 2019, Vol. 439, 7-16. Article : refereed. .