My area of expertise lies within literary studies; I am docent in English literature with specialisation in the teaching and learning of literature (litteraturdidaktik). My current research focuses on literary study as an educational project. I am particularly interested in subject conceptions, knowledge mediation as well as the value and legitimacy of literary study in academic English departments, in relation to both general English courses and teacher education courses. I have also published work in the area of literary criticism, with a special focus on contemporary Anglo-American literature and the literary representation of identities in moments of social upheaval. I am a founding member of the scholarly association Litteraturdidaktiskt Nätverk and I have led the collegial forum for Higher Education Didactics at Dalarna since 2017.
My teaching has covered various areas of English studies, mainly contemporary English-language literature and culture, literary history, children’s literature, literary theory, BA and MA thesis supervision, and to some extent also academic writing and English for specific purposes. The courses I have taught have been both general English courses and English courses in primary teacher education and in secondary and upper secondary English teacher education. In 2017, I was awarded the distinction Scholar of Teaching (Excellent lärare).
I am a former member of the Faculty Board Humanities and Languages at Dalarna University (2013-2020), and was, for a period, the Faculty Board chair (2016-2020). I have assessed several programmes of study, in internal, mainly, but also in external, collegial evaluations. Since 2017, I am also the Dalarna University representative in the national collaborative project Humtank, sponsored by the humanities faculties at 15 Swedish universities and university colleges (http://humtank.se/).
- Literary scholar, teacher educator? : English staff profiles and attitudes to teacher education, Nordic Journal of English Studies, 2021. Article : refereed. .
- The Relevance of English Literary Study in Primary Teacher Education : A Swedish Syllabus Review, 2021. Article : refereed. .
- Litteraturstudiers plats i det akademiska engelskämnet, Part of: Litteraturdidaktik, Natur och kultur, 2020. Chapter of book. .
- The Value of Studying Literature : A Review of the English Higher Education Curriculum in Sweden, Nordic Journal of English Studies, 2020, Vol. 19, No. 1, 257-298. Article : refereed. .
- What Are Literary Studies For? : A Review of English Teacher Education in Sweden, Educare - Vetenskapliga skrifter, 2020, Vol. 3, 110-157. Article : refereed. .