Personlig presentation av Julie Skogs
Originally from Australia, I have worked at Dalarna University since 1994. I teach mainly writing courses at different levels, supervise essays and teach courses in linguistic method. In addition, I teach grammar and translation focussing on proficiency. My doctoral thesis focused on the language used by net-based students communicating in an asynchronous discussion forum. I am fascinated by language and what the study of language can tell us about things such as interaction between people in different communicative situations.
- Students' questionnaire-based views on teacher feedback on their writing, 2016. Conference paper. .
- Language and interaction in online asynchronous communication in university level English courses, Karlstad University Press, 2015. Doctoral thesis. .
- Features of orality, academic writing and interaction in asynchronic student discussion forums, Nordic Journal of English Studies, 2014, Vol. 23, No. 3, 54-82. Article : refereed. .
- Subject line preferences and other factors contributing to coherence and interaction in student discussion forums, Computers and education, 2013, Vol. 60, No. 1, 172-183. Article : refereed. .
- Community building from a distance, Edulearn11 : 2011. Conference paper : refereed. .