The eight partneruniversities are:
- Kanda University of International Studies in Chiba,
- Kansai Gaidai University in Osaka,
- Miyagi University of Education in Sendai,
- Nagoya University of Foreign Studies,
- Ochanomizu University in Tokyo,
- Shitennoji University in Osaka,
- Showa Women's University in Tokyo,
- Tsuru University in Tsuru, Yamanashi.
To go on an exchange, you need - at the start of the exchange - to be registered at least as a half-time student (50%) at Dalarna University and have already taken courses worth 60 credits, of which 30 credits must have been at Dalarna University. Most of the Japanese universities only accept students who have finished 60 credits in Japanese language proficiency. You must also have completed the course Modern Japan: Culture and Society before submitting your application, and be prepared to join an interview with some of the Japanese teachers. Plan for an exchange keeping in mind the deadlines and also the fact that places are limited.