Exchange Studies - Japanese

If you are studying Japanese at Dalarna University, then you can take part in an exchange with one of five universities in Japan with which we have partnerships.

The five universities are:

  • Kansai Gaidai University in Osaka,
  • Miyagi University of Education in Sendai,
  • Kanda University of International Studies in Chiba,
  • Ochanomizu University in Tokyo,
  • Nagoya University of Foreign Studies.

To go on an exchange, you need - at the start of the exchange - to be registered at least as a half-time student (50%) at Dalarna University and have already taken courses worth 60 credits, of which 30 credits must have been at Dalarna University. You must also have completed the course Modern Japan: Culture and Society before submitting your application, and be prepared to come to Falun for an interview with some of the Japanese teachers. Plan for an exchange keeping in mind the deadlines and also the fact that places are limited.

To find out more about applying to go on an exchange, see our Exchange Studies webpage. With questions, email



Last reviewed:
Last reviewed: