Join us to celebrate Grammar Day.
Short presentations wil be given on the subject of grammar around lunchtime in the library (note that some of these will be in Swedish and some in English: see the programme below).
Café Méli in the library in Falun will bake special Grammar Cakes that they will sell throughout the day to mark the occasion.
Grammar Day is a non-profit event that resulted from an idea had by Språkkonsulterna and Svensklärarföreningen. The day is celebrated in schools and universities around Sweden.
- Catharina Nyström Höög (Swedish) - Finns det en visuell grammatik?
- Gianluca Colella (Italian) - Between grammar and culture: the gender of nouns of professions in Italian.
- Mariya Aida Niendorf (Japanese) - Grammar of Japanese Politeness
- Arantxa Santos Muñoz (Spanish) - "Busco piso en alquiler" Modusbruket i relativa bisatser.
- Charlotte Lindgren (French) - Ett franskt tempus kontroversiella död.
- Jonathan White (English) - What English should we learn?
- Wei Hing Rosenkvist (Chinese) - Revisiting Chinese grammar from a cross-cultural perspective - a few examples
- Fadi Abou Dib (Arabic): The Standard Arabic Language (Fus'ha) and its neglected practical role in everyday life
- Nikita Mikhaylov (Russian): The Historical Grammar of Russian and Its Place in a Language Proficiency Classroom