After completed course the students will:
- be able to describe the steps necessary to carry out an empirical study using conjoint analysis and other choice based methods.
- Understand the difficulties connected with the different steps in carrying out an empirical study and how to handle these problems
- be able to describe the links between a consumer choice, economic theory and methods for valuation of market and non-market goods and services
- be able to conduct a simple conjoint analysis study and be able to present, both oral and in writing, the steps and results from such a study
- understand the fundamentals of decision theory