Established in January 2012, Education and Learning currently brings together some 40 researchers and 25 doctoral students. The profile is multidisciplinary and involves research into Education in various organisational forms. The research looks at Education as a present-time and historical vocation, with teaching, learning, mentoring, and caring as central focuses of study.
There are several research groups within the framework of the profile:
- Early Childhood Education: contact Anders Arnqvist
- Educational Leadership and Educational Environments: contact Sara Irisdotter Aldenmyr
- Social Studies: contact Maria Olson
- Didactics: Science, Mathematics and Technology: contact Annie-Maj Johansson
- Language Didactics: Åsa Wedin
- The History of Education: Urban Claesson
- Critical Educational Studies: Åsa Bartholdsson
- Technology-Mediated Knowledge Processes: Eva Hultin
These involve doctoral studies that include collaboration with a number of different subjects and other institutes of higher education. The research profile Education and Learning is currently involved with collaboration with two research schools: Skolnära and Technology-Mediated Knowledge Processes.