Researchers in the Group
- Professor Liselotte Frisk, Sociology of Religion: along with Doctoral Student Sanja Nilsson and Peter Åkerbäck PhD, Stockholm University, Liselotte is working on a project about children with a minority religion background.
- Doctor of Theology Torsten Hylén, History of Religion: his project is about the early development of Shia Islam.
- Doctor of Philosophy Anna Sofia Hedberg, Cultural Anthropology: her research mainly concerns processes of cultural maintenance, empowerment, and boundary negotiations in interactions between religious and ethnic minorities and the majority society.
- Doctor of Philosophy Christina Romlid, History: her research interest lies with the history of Swedish export from a cultural and narrative perspective.
- Master of Theology Gull Törnegren, Ethics: currently working on a doctoral thesis about the life stories of two Palestinian and two Israeli female activists within the framework of feminist dialogue-based ethical and political theory.
- Doctor of Theology Torsten Blomqvist: studying belief elements outside conventional Christianity, such as superstitions in the area of Bergslagen, Sweden.
- Doctor of Theology Tomas Axelson, Sociology of Religion: his research interest is in contemporary meaning-making combining religion and film, and analysis of the paradigmatic shift from a text-based culture to an image-based culture.