Go on an Exchange!
To become an exchange student, you need to apply to be nominated by Dalarna University: the start-to-finish process is explained below.
Information period for exchange studies
Monday, October 16, 2017 - Thursday, October 15, 2018
Application for foreign studies
Monday, November 27, 2017 - Thursday, February 15, 2018
You can receive a grant to finance your exchange studies so long as the place of study is an Erasmus country or within the Nordplus network: for more information contact email@example.com.
- Erasmus Grant Application (shows the list of countries)
Fee-Paying Students at Dalarna University
If you are a fee-paying student and want to study in an exchange programme organised by Dalarna University, then you must pay full tuition fees to Dalarna University to do so.
Extra Scholarships for Students with a Disability
Contact our Erasmus+ Coordinator to find out about extra scholarships that are available to you if you are a student with a disability interested in an Erasmus+ exchange.
Application: Exchange Studies
If you are a programme student, contact your Programme Director for help planning your exchange. Non-programme students contact the Graduation Office to find out how to attain a degree from Dalarna University that include an exchange study period.
Where - Which partner university would be best?
Over spring 2017, we are moving to a new database for exchange studies. During this period, you will not be able to apply online or find information about our partner universities. Therefore, we ask that you contact us in the International Office for information about available places if you want to apply late for exchange studies (1-31 March for exchanges autumn 2017). Apply from April 1 to September 1 for exchanges spring 2018.
Thank you for your patience as we work to improve our process for exchange studies applicants.
Application and Nomination
Dalarna University reviews your application for nomination: see Selection Criteria below.
Submit course syllabi for each selected partner university and send to your Programme Director (or the Graduation Office if you are a non-programme student).
The regular application period for outbound exchanges is open between November 14, 2016 and February 10, 2017. Before this time, you can prepare your documentation.
- Study results at Dalarna University
- Study results for courses at the university level
- Certification/documentation of merit for roles of responsibility, especially at Dalarna University/the Student Union
- Students who have not previously been on an exchange are given priority
After Your Nomination and Before Your Exchange
- You will receive an email about an information meeting.
- Inform us whether you plan to accept the exchange.
- We will send a nomination email to the partner university. Do not contact the partner university until this is done.
- The partner university will email you an application form (online) as well as instructions about applying for courses, finding accommodation, etc. You will now complete this second application form, this time to the partner university: print this out and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for signing. We will then send it to the partner university. Contact email@example.com if you have not heard anything within a reasonable timeframe.
- When you have found the courses you want to take at the partner university, email a list of these along with the course syllabi to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. (Normally, you cannot include preparatory language courses in the Learning Agreement: see our Learning Agreement webpage for more information.)
- Erasmus+ Students: apply for a grant and apply for an online preparatory language course. Available languages are: Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, German, Greek, English, Spanish, French, Croatian, Italian, Hungarian, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak or Finnish. For instructions, contact the Erasmus Coordinator, who will then email you with log-in details for the language in question. You do not need to take a test if the language is your first language or if it is the language of instruction at Dalarna University.
- Order an insurance card from the International Office prior to your departure. See our Insurance webpage.
- You will receive a Letter of Acceptance from the partner university stating the exchange dates: forward a copy to email@example.com.
- Contact CSN if you receive funding from them and want to retain this during the exchange.
During your Exchange
1. Send the Confirmation of arrival (form available at My Pages) to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we receive this, we will be able to register you formally on the exchange. If you are a Programme Student, you must first register yourself for the term at My Pages.
2. If applicable: Send Confirmation of continued studies (for the second semester abroad - the form is available at My Pages) to: email@example.com
3. If applicable: Send an updated version of Learning Agreement (available at My Pages) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. We would like you to inform others about the opportunity to study at Dalarna University when requested to do so by the partneruniversity.
5. Please send us some pictures of the Dalahorse abroad to: email@example.com
After Your Exchange
Register Your Study Results at Dalarna University
If nothing has changed in your Learning Agreement, then the credits are registered in our study administrative system as soon as we receive a transcript of records from the partner university. If the transcript is sent directly to you, forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To receive the final part of your grant, Erasmus+ students need to do the following:
- Retake the language test if you did the test before departure
- Complete an online evaluation
Links to these will be sent to you by email.
Share Your Experiences
Upon your return, we invited you to talk to other students about your exchange experiences and spread the word about the opportunities that exist. We may ask you to take part in information meetings that we organise for students who themselves are interested in going on an exchange.
Organise Your Own Studies Abroad
Organising studies abroad on your own demands a great deal of preparation and work on your part. Although you will not receive direct help from our International Officers, you should contact your Programme Director as well as the Graduation Office so that you know that the courses you plan to take at the foreign university can be included for credit in your Dalarna University degree. You can also find information on studera.nu.